PhD and MA Fellowships in German Studies, University of Washington
The Graduate Program in German at the University of Washington invites applications to its MA and PhD programs for the 2021/22 academic year.
Deadline: January 15, 2021
The UW German Graduate Programs are designed to launch students into a variety of exciting careers in teaching, scholarship, and high-level vocations in any fields that demand critical thinking and language skills.
- UW has an excellent track record of preparing PhD and MA students for careers in academia and beyond.
- Faculty work closely with graduate students to mentor and foster students’ individual research interests. The program’s curriculum provides a rigorous foundation in German literature, culture, and theory. Faculty expertise in interdisciplinary fields (such as environmental humanities, gender and sexuality, performance studies, Jewish Studies, and more) offers successful models for student enquiry and engagement.
- All students go through UW’s well-reputed training in second-language pedagogy, and gain proven experience in teaching college-level German.
- Generous funding is available to support student research, including several Max Kade Fellowships, teaching assistantships, travel assistance to attend conferences, and other grants.
- Students pursue their graduate studies in Seattle, one of the most vibrant and livable American cities with lots of career opportunities.
Application materials include: Statement of Purpose; copies of official transcripts (all prior institutions); three letters of recommendation, academic writing samples; TOEFL scores for applicants not holding a degree from an English-language institution; UW Graduate School application form; TA Application.
For more information on the graduate programs and the application process, please visit our website. You are welcome to contact Dr. Ellwood Wiggins, Graduate Coordinator, with any questions, or to arrange for virtual course visits (email@example.com).