A.M.Gorky Institute of World Literature of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IWL RAS)
IWL RAS is the central research institution in the field of literature and folklore studies in Russia.
Its programme includes coordinated studies of Russian and international literary heritage and folklore, and development of the fundamental base for source studies, textology, hermeneutics and comparative studies utilizing interdisciplinary techniques, analytical methods and digital technologies.
The aim of the research currently conducted in IWL RAS is to substantially broaden the perception of literature in its development and to formulate a novel conception of literary process of nations of the world.
- research of historical and theoretical issues in the field of literature and folklore studies;
- history, typology and poetics of foreign literatures: European, American, African and those of eastern countries;
- history and poetics of national literatures of the ethnicities of Russian Federation;
- preparing critical editions of literary monuments of world literature and folklore;
- collecting, systematization and complex research of Russian and foreign folklore;
PERIODICALS OF IWL RAS
IWL RAS publishes scientific journals adressed to international audience of scholars, historians of literature and all readers interested in philological studies.