Lecturer in World Literatures in English, University of Sydney
Lecturer in World Literatures in English
The University of Sydney - Department of English<o:p></o:p>
Camperdown - Australia
AU$110,856 to AU$131,639 or £58,725.41 to £69,735.10 (converted salary*) plus 17% superannuation
6th December 2021
31st January 2022
- Full time, continuing position base in the Camperdown Campus
- Exciting opportunity to join a vibrant team and contribute to its teaching and research initiatives
- Base Salary $110,856AUD - $131,639AUD + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney seeks to appoint a continuing Level B Lecturer in World Literatures in English to join the Department of English. Applications are welcomed from candidates with an interest in connecting literature to theories of postcolonialism, transnatinalism and/or globalization, including emerging areas such as environmentalism or migration. Applicants should have a PhD in a relevant field, appropriate teaching experience in higher education and academic publications.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- contribute to outstanding teaching and learning outcomes by undertaking both independent and team teaching in world literatures in English
- undertake original research (either independently or as part of a team) within world literatures in English
- deliver a post-COVID alignment of the work of the University with the needs and aspirations of domestic students, communities, and other stakeholders
- build productive relationships, collaborations and partnerships with external parties
The Department of English sits under the School of Literature, Arts and Media. It is a vibrant school whose pedagogic practice, research profile and external engagements are shaped by lively synergies between traditional disciplines such as Art History, English and Linguistics, Media and Communication, Film and Museum Studies.
With nationally and internationally recognised research strengths in literary studies, visual arts, Indigenous studies, linguistics, communication and media practice, we embrace opportunities for interdisciplinary work and innovate in applying digital technology to the humanities.
We are looking for a Lecturer in World Literatures in English who has:
- a PhD in an academic field relevant to the discipline
- a developing knowledge and understanding of the key strategic issues in the discipline and higher education sector
- demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively across a range of media and forums
- deep and broad experience in teaching and learning, as evidenced by participation in team teaching within an established program and experience in teaching in a variety of settings
- demonstrated success in designing, implementing and evaluating teaching and learning initiatives
- developing network of relationships with key academic, industry and professional institutions, partners and stakeholders
- developing research profile evidenced by original, high-quality and independent research in the discipline or area of expertise
- experience in supervising or mentoring others and/or coordinating team activities.
Closing date for applications
11.59pm, Monday 31st January 2022
Please note: The University of Sydney will be closed from 24 December 2021 until 9 January 2022 inclusive.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
How to apply
Please click here to apply Lecturer in World Literatures in English<o:p></o:p>
© The University of Sydney